16. (1) A limited liability partnership shall give an address for service of documents within the jurisdiction of the Registrar where its registered office is situate. Such address shall include the postal code and e-mail address.
(2) The limited liability partnership, may, in addition to the registered office address, declare any other address as its address for service of documents, under sub-section (2) of section 13, in the manner as laid down in the limited liability partnership agreement. Where the limited liability partnership agreement does not provide for such manner, consent of all partners shall be required for declaring any other address as the address for service of documents.
(3) The intimation of other address for service of documents to LLP shall be given to the Registrar in Form 12, within thirty days of complying with the requirements of sub-rule
(2) above along with the fee as mentioned in Annexure ‘A’.
(4) The effective date for the service of documents to LLP at the other address declared by the LLP cannot be prior to the date of filing of document under sub rule (3).